Group in front of a chapel, Cameroon, ca. 1920-1940
9 x 14 cm.
En Brousse: La Chapelle et la Maison du Pere couvertes en paille ("In Bush: The Chapel and the House of the Father covered in straw "). Six people sit on a stick fence in front of two large block buildings with thatched roofs. In the foreground, a man sits on the ground holding a white staff. Postcard issued by Mission des Pretres du Sacre-Coeur de St-Quentin. The back of the postcard is blank with printed information about the mission agency: "Procure de la Mission du Cameroun: 214, Rue Lafayette, Paris (Xe)" and a printed address of the publisher: "Edit. M. Brochard. 81, quai Fosse - Nantes" The Missionaries of the Sacred Heart were a Catholic religious order. Also included in the International Mission Photography Archive.
The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
Yale Divinity Library Special Collections. Divinity School. Day Missions Library