Wind and current chart of the North Atlantic [cartographic material] : thermal sheet / by M.F. Maury, A.M. Lieut. U.S. Navy, Superint'dt. of U.S.N. Observatory ; compiled from materials in the Bureau of Ordnance and Hydrography, Commodore Lewis Warrington, Chief of Bureau ; drawn by Lt. Benjn. S. Gantt, U.S.N.
- Maury, Matthew Fontaine, 1806-1873
- Washington, D.C. :
United States Hydrographical Office,
- Physical Description:
- 1 map on 8 sheets : col. ; sheets 93 x 65 cm.
- Each sheet numbered in upper left margin, e.g.: 14, 15.
Includes notes in map area and signature of M.F. Maury.
Shows temperature of the water at the surface by month.
Thermal charts were released as series D a part of Maury's "Wind and current charts
- Variant Titles:
- Maury's wind & current chart : thermal sheet.
[Maury map collection ; Series D1]
- Nautical charts--North Atlantic Ocean
Ocean temperature--North Atlantic Ocean--Maps
- North Atlantic Ocean--Maps
- Gantt, Benjamin S., -1852
Maury, Matthew Fontaine, 1806-1873. Wind and current charts
United States Naval Observatory
United States. Bureau of Ordnance and Hydrography
United States. Hydrographic Office
Warrington, L. (Lewis), 1782-1851
- Scale not given ;
(W 100°--E 20°/N 65°--N 0°).
- Nautical charts
- Content Type:
- Maps, Atlases & Globes
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement
- Access Restrictions:
- Call Number:
- 11cfk 1850D-1
- Orbis Record:
- Yale Collection:
- Beinecke Library
- Digital Collection:
- Beinecke Rare Book & Manuscript Library
- oid pointer:
- Sheet 1
- Extent of digitization:
- Complete work digitized.
Number of Pages: 0