A chart showing the favorite resort of the sperm and right whale [cartographic material] / by M.F. Maury L.L.D. Lieut. U.S. Navy ; constructed from Maury's whale chart of the world by Robt. H. Wyman Lieut. U.S.N.
- Maury, Matthew Fontaine, 1806-1873
- [Washington, D.C.] :
United States Hydrographical Office,
- Physical Description:
- 1 map : hand col. ; 65 x 95 cm.
- "Series F."
"By authority of Commo: Charles Morris U.S.N., Chief of Bureau of Ordnance and Hydrography, 1853."
Copy imperfect: Sectioned vertically in half, sections mounted on cloth to form 1 sheet.
The whale chart was released as series F a part of
- Variant Titles:
- Sperm and right whale
[Maury map collection ; ser. F5]
- Right whales--Maps
- Endicott & Co. (New York, N.Y.)
Maury, Matthew Fontaine, 1806-1873. Wind and current charts
Morris, Charles, 1784-1856
United States. Bureau of Ordnance and Hydrography
United States. Hydrographic Office
Wyman, R. H. (Robert Harris), 1822-1882
- Scale not given.
- World maps
- Content Type:
- Maps, Atlases & Globes
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement
- Access Restrictions:
- Call Number:
- 11DB 1851A-2
- Orbis Record:
- Yale Collection:
- Beinecke Library
- Digital Collection:
- Beinecke Rare Book & Manuscript Library
- oid pointer:
- Extent of digitization:
- Complete work digitized.
Number of Pages: 0