The principles of harmony and contrast of colors and their applications to the arts. With a special introd. and explanatory notes, by Faber Birren.
- Birren, Faber, 1900-1988
Chevreul, M. E. (Michel Eugène), 1786-1889
- New York
Reinhold Pub. Corp.
- Physical Description:
- 256 p. illus. (part col.), facsims., ports. 29 x 32 cm.
- "Based on the first English edition of 1854 as translated from the first French edition of 1839, De la loi du contraste simultane des couleurs.
Folio ND1488 C47x (LC): A package of original art-work, photographs, transparencies etc. used for the productio
- Variant Titles:
- De la loi du contraste simultané des couleurs. English
Color in art
- Fashion, Decoration, Industry (P)
Major Statement of Scientific Theory (B)
Textiles, Dyes, Ornament (O)
- Content Type:
- Books, Journals & Pamphlets
- Access to this image is restricted to the Yale community.
The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement
- Access Restrictions:
- Yale Community Only
- Call Number:
- ND1488 C47 (LC)+ Oversize
- Orbis Record:
- Yale Collection:
- Haas Arts Library
- Digital Collection:
- Faber Birren Collection of Books on Color
- oid pointer:
Number of Pages: 2