The principles of harmony and contrast of colors and their applications to the arts / by M.E. Chevreul with a special introduction and explanatory notes by Faber Birren.
- Birren, Faber, 1900-1988
Chevreul, M. E. (Michel Eugène), 1786-1889
- New York
Van Nostrand Reinhold
- Physical Description:
- 224 p. : ill., facsims., ports. 29 x 31 cm.
- "Based on the first English edition of 1854 as translated from the first French edition of 1839, De la loi du contraste simultane des couleurs."
- Variant Titles:
- De la loi du contraste simultané des couleurs. English.
- Color in art
- Fashion, Decoration, Industry (P)
Major Statement of Scientific Theory (B)
Textiles, Dyes, Ornament (O)
- Content Type:
- Books, Journals & Pamphlets
- Access to this image is restricted to the Yale community.
The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement
- Access Restrictions:
- Yale Community Only
- Call Number:
- ND1488 C4613 1981 (LC)+ Oversize
- Orbis Record:
- Yale Collection:
- Haas Arts Library
- Digital Collection:
- Faber Birren Collection of Books on Color
- oid pointer:
Number of Pages: 2