Jumieges Abbey (Jumieges, France) : Interior : South elevation of nave : detail

Published/Created:
Junieges, Seine-Maritime, Haute-Normandie, France
Date Depicted:
ca. 1040-1067
Notes:
Founded in 654 by Saint Philibert; Notre-Dame was built between 1040 and 1067 under abbots Robert Champart (d 1052), Geoffroy and Robert III and was consecrated by Maurille, Archbishop of Rouen, in the presence of William the Conqueror. During the second half of the 13th century, the choir of Notre-Dame was rebuilt.
Variant Titles:
Abbaye de Jumiège
Eglise abbatiale Notre-Dame de Jumieges
Topics:
Architecture -- France -- 11th century -- (YVRC)
Period/Style:
Romanesque
Culture:
French
Accession Number:
4255-028
Genre:
churches (AAT)
Format:
Image
Content Type:
Sculptures, Models, & Architecture
Rights:
The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
Access Restrictions:
Yale Community Only
Source Creator:
Austin, James
Source Title:
James Austin Photograph Collection of French and Italian Medieval Architecture
Source Created:
United Kingdom
Call Number:
VRC 311
Box:
13
Orbis Barcode:
39002075050808
Yale Collection:
Visual Resources Collection
Digital Collection:
Visual Resources Collection
OID:
10256927
PID:
digcoll:1858861