S. Michele in Bosco (Bologna, Italy)

Notes:
"Imposing architectural complex which includes the church and the adjacent former convent of the olivetans, one of the greatest and the nicest in Italy. It stands on one of the most panoramic places of the surrounding hills of Bologna and its parvis offers a wonderful view of the city and of the plane till the Alps chain. Of ancient origins, the church was built in the Medieval Age and it was reconstructed in the actual shape in the XV century and between 1517 and 1523 by the Olivetan monks who lived here since 1364. The armonious Renaissance facade is by the Ferrarese architect Biagio Rossetti while the elegant marble portal is by Baldassarre peruzzi from Siena (1522). Of great elegance the inside part, with two floors, brightened up by precious paintings and sculptures of the XVI and XVII centuries. Remarkable the sacristy and the nocturnal choir covered with magnificent frescoes from the sixteenth century." http://www.bologna.chiesacattolica.it
Topics:
Architecture -- Italy -- 16th century -- (YVRC)
Culture:
Italian
Accession Number:
3879-031
Genre:
churches (AAT)
postcards (AAT)
Format:
Image
Content Type:
Archives or Manuscripts
Prints & Photographs
Sculptures, Models, & Architecture
Rights:
The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
Access Restrictions:
Yale Community Only
Source Title:
Miscellaneous Postcard Collection
Call Number:
VRC 170
Box:
14
Orbis Record:
8152890
Orbis Barcode:
39002075110396
Yale Collection:
Visual Resources Collection
Digital Collection:
Visual Resources Collection
Local Record Number:
Portfolio Item ID: 331067
OID:
10006556
PID:
digcoll:1810113